Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naltrexone

I'm sure everybody has heard of naltrexone, I just wondered why it wasn't mentioned in the movie. Maybe I missed it, I heard methadone, Suboxone, and ibogaine all mentioned. No naltrexone, though? I've been sober for five years this month. I tried it all, meetings, two different treatment facilities, doing one thing instead of another, and then I finally found naltrexone. It sent me straight into withdrawals that I just pushed through but since then it's made a huge difference for me. I brought it up in meetings and was surprised at the opposition and negativity I got for what they called "relying" on another drug. All the while several other members were on suboSubo. I just wondered why it wasn't brought up in the mobie. I understand it does nothing for pain but it's been a lifesaver for me and my struggle with addiction. If anybody is interested I can explain more or answer any questions. Just curious why that route wasn't mentioned.

Hi, I just watched the documentary on Netflix on Kradom. And I’m wondering wheather it is ideal for my situation. I’ve been addicted to drugs and alcohol most of my life. I’ve been sober for 15 years and been off of most drugs for 10 years. However, I’ve been on Suboxone for 8 years. I’ve got a bulging disc and got on the Suboxone initially to get off of hydrocodone from the disc. I kept taking the Suboxone because I found that there was enough pain killer in it to relieve the pain at nights to get to sleep. Somewhere in all this I realized that I had RLS(Restless Legs Syndrome) which I inherited from my Mother who had it serverely. That switching of my legs I had all my life was “Primary” RLS. Also, I now realize that withdrawing from opiate addiction causes “Secondary” RLS. In short, withdrawal from opiates gives me a monster case of RLS because of the synergy between the Primary + Secondary RLS. I know that RLS is related to the level or lack of dopamine in my body. I don’t know as much as I should. Right now it’s not the common withdrawal symptoms that keeps me on the Suboxone, but the RLS that I know is coming. I can truthfully say that Suboxone is an excellent RLS medication. I don’t have RLS “at all”. The only time that I experience it is when I try to get off of the Suboxone. How does Kradom affect RLS? Does anyone know?

Comment

It should have been mentioned. In short, don't start taking Naltrexone if you're using Kratom! It will cause immediate cold turkey wdwls and miight put you in the hospital, as it did for me. I've also had life-long addiction to drugs and alcohol, was on Suboxone for 9 years, and when weaning off Suboxone finally started taking Kratom to ease wdwl symptoms. Started upping my dose as my "jump off" date got near and once I was a week off Subs my doc prescribed Naltrexone to help with any cravings and prevent relapse of either opiates and alcohol. He didn't take into consideration my Kratom use, which I told him about, and within a half hour the Naltrexone put me in extreme wdwls, horrible uncontrollable RLS, deliriums, blood pressure spiking, ears ringing loudly. I was in the ICU for 3 days and spent a week in the hospital. Hospital ER had to call poison control cuz they didn't know how to treat me! Sadly, most docs are not up to speed at all about the opiate effects of Kratom, and tend to overlook it because of the lack of scientific research. I would urge you to do your own research (I wish I did) and of course tell your doctor if you decide to start using it. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you for posting this useful information. Me, Naltrexone along with penicillin are my two medication allergies so by "proxy" I won't ever have to worry about this happening to me. However, I'm sure there are many out there who should heed this information. Honest and realistic opinions are what we need.

Comment

Working...
        X