Hypothyroid and Kratom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothyroid and Kratom

Hi everyone, terribly confused here and would be interested in hearing opinions, experiences etc from anyone else who has hypothyroidism and takes Kratom. I take Levo for my thyroid. Here's the thing, I wanted to try Kratom for sleep, energy, concentration and some pain management. I started taking it only last week, I took a pretty small dose (between 1/2 to 1 teaspoon) 1-2 times per day. I absolutely noticed mood improvements and more concentration and motivation. Just incidentally, I also started taking a high dose calcium supplement. For the last few days I have felt pretty crappy, lethargic, depressed, achy so I immediately stopped taking the Kratom to see if that was the cause, I can't see much improvement in my symptoms. This feels like thyroid issues so I am going to get my TSH levels checked this week but in the interim I don't know if Kratom is messing with my thyroid levels ? this or if the Calcium supplement did ? I very much want to start back onto Kratom as it was very useful but I can't if it's making me ill. Hope to hear from others or if you have any advice ?

Can't recommend anything for sure. The only thing is try to consult here https://rc-chemical.com Most likely they will help and suggest the necessary information or at least where to look for you, at least I received answers to my questions. Feedback is great. There were no complaints about the quality and delivery either.

Comment

Kratom (or Ketum) is a psychoactive plant preparation used in Southeast Asia. It is derived from the plant Mitragyna speciosa Korth. Kratom as well as its main alkaloid, mitragynine, currently spreads around the world. Thus, potential addiction and adverse health consequences are becoming an important issue for health authorities. Here we reviewed the available evidence and identified future research needs. It was found that mitragynine and M. speciosa preparations are systematically consumed with rather well defined instrumentalization goals, e.g. to enhance tolerance for hard work or as a substitute in the self-treatment of opiate addiction. There is also evidence from experimental animal models supporting analgesic, muscle relaxant, anti-inflammatory as well as strong anorectic effects. In humans, regular consumption may escalate, lead to tolerance and may yield aversive withdrawal effects. Mitragynine and its derivatives actions in the central nervous system involve μ-opioid receptors, neuronal Ca²⁺ channels and descending monoaminergic projections. Altogether, available data currently suggest both, a therapeutic as well as an abuse potential.
      Last edited by DeirdreKury; 11-27-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X