New to kratom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to kratom

I am a 47 year old woman who has been disabled with degenerative disc disease for the last 20 years. I was active and an athlete all my life even into adulthood. I worked out 5-6 days a week until I started having lower back pain. At the time I was 27 and they were telling me that my spine looked like someone in their 50’s and that my discs were badly calcified and it took 20 years for it to get that bad. They asked if I fell when I was a kid. Which of coarse I’m from Maine so I’ve slipped on the ice a few times and smacked my tailbone but I remember when I did it. I was 7. I remember when I hurt it I was sitting at my desk in agony but never said anything. So most of my life growing up I would have trouble with my back not knowing that I had anything wrong with the discs. I would wake up crippled and then 3 days later I would snap out of it. So when I started having pain, at 27, I just assumed it would be better in a few days. Boy was I wrong. I haven’t been able to work since December 5th 2002. So that said my spine has gotten worse and I’ve had a lot of other joints and problems with my knees you name it I beat it up. Plus after being laid up and 20 years of surgeries and depression from the pain I gained about 100 lbs which is not what I’m used to but after 20 years it’s been a battle. The point I’m trying to make is I’ve been on opioids for 20 years. The last 2 years I’ve been weaning off the oxycodone with belbuca and oxycodone. I finally stopped it and haven’t been to the pain doctor since March 9th 2022. I live in Tn so marijuana isn’t legal yet for medicinal however the cbd delta 8 is available and that helps some with my pain however I would have this constant annoyance with my spine. I would feel it constantly and if I turned my head I would feel my spine move the entire length of my spine. I assume it’s a sensation from being off the opioids so it’s neurological. When I went to the cbd dispensary they turned me on to kratom. It’s only been a couple of days but it’s so amazing how much better I feel when I’m on it. Better than I did when I was on oxycodone. I have more energy and my depression seems better but it’s the pain that it helps the most. I’ve ended up having 16 surgeries since 2003. I’ve had 4 back surgeries. I have hardware in my lumbar from L5-S1 to L3-4 which they fused put an artificial disc above the fusion and then years later fused above the artificial disc because I broke my back because my arthritis was so bad my bones broke apart. I have degenerative discs at T8-9 and T6-7 and 6 more in my neck. I have hyperkyphosis and scoliosis. I’ve had both shoulders rotator cuffs fixed and bone spurs removed, one knee replacement and looking at another. My situation is pretty bleak when you look at all my health problems. However this is the best I’ve felt in years and I’m worried because I know kratom uses the same receptors as opioids so that tells me when or if I wanted or needed to stop the kratom I would have the same issue as I did with the oxy. My problem with opioids has only been habitual but never mental for me. However the way I feel without the pain meds is terrible. My pain is so bad I can’t function even with the cbd. However when I take that kratom I am a different person. I have more quality of life. So I don’t know what to do with this stuff. I don’t want one more thing that I have to fight to get off of but also I want to be able to extend my lifespan. Years of opioids hasn’t been good to me physically. I think it still has its teeth in me neurologically because I’ve been having restless legs but when I took the kratom I had none of that. I’m just not sure what to do.
Working...
X